WARNING: Boring post with no pictures.
So I'm copying the ideas of some friends and using this as an opportunity to journal what has been going on this past week.
March 3-9
Monday
A trip to the dentist for me. I've been having some 15 year old fillings replaced over the past couple of months. I'm all done now except for going back next week to have a new lower retainer put back on my teeth. The one I had put on after braces back in 9th grade was broken.
My favorite part about the dentist is the one-sided conversations. Oh, and of course the shots.
Tuesday
Tuesday night the dentist came over to our house to extend a calling to me to serve as YW secretary in our new ward. Yes, my dentist is also in our bishopric.(For those not in the know, our ward boundaries were realigned a couple of Sundays ago. I'll admit it was a surprise and has taken a bit of adjustment, but it's all good.) He joked that he would have taken care of it at my appointment, but it didn't seem like the appropriate place.
Blake remained a free agent, but I'm sure his days are numbered.
Cade also came down with a fever tonight.
Wednesday
Today it was the boys' turn to go to the dentist. (Yes, I took Cade even though I had kept him home from school. I had already rescheduled all the appointments once and really didn't feel like doing it again. I just loaded him up on Ibuprofen and went.) They go to a different dentist, one that has video games in the waiting room and TV's in the ceiling above the dental chairs. The don't mind going for these reasons. They do always complain that they don't get to play the video games long enough. They all passed with flying colors yet once again. They have all been blessed with good genes when it comes to their teeth.
Unfortunately we didn't get to attend the much anticipated Stake Roller Skating Activity again this year due to family illness. Last year Cade came down with a fever right before it was time to leave for roller skating. This year he came down with a fever Tuesday night, a day before the activity. Cameron also wasn't feeling too great and had stayed home after the dentist because his stomach was hurting.
Thursday
Today was Kindergarten registration day! Blake was a great help this morning. Thursdays are late start day and because of that I teach a piano lesson before school. What this all means is that the kids don't leave for school until 9:30 a.m. If you want to guarantee that you'll get into morning kindergarten then you have to be at registration before it starts, waiting for the doors to open. So Blake helped me out by going over to the school at 7:30 and taking care of all the paper work. I think he said that even being there that early he was still around 45th in line. But by 9:30, Caleb was all signed up to start morning Kindergarten next fall. He is very excited and more prepared than his brothers have been. He's a pretty smart kid and I'm actually hoping that he's not going to be bored with the whole thing after a while.
I also took advantage of Cade staying home sick again by giving him and Caleb much needed haircuts while Paige took her nap. They actually did pretty good today in the fact that there really wasn't much screaming while having the haircuts. Sometimes it can get pretty ugly. They both crashed on the couch tonight at about 5:30 p.m. and were down for the count.
Friday
I kept Cade home again today. His fever came back again last night so I figure it hasn't been the requisite 24 hours.
Instead of convalescing at home the entire day, we played hooky and went to the mall and bought new tennis shoes for Cade and Caleb as well as exchanged some worn out jeans at Sears. I'm loving their KidVantage program.
Pizza and movie night tonight. The pizza crust I made tonight was only so-so, but the kids loved watching Snow Buddies. Anybody have a pizza dough recipe that they absolutely love? How about pizza sauce?
Saturday
Saturday morning chores...there was MUCH weeping and wailing this morning. Some chore days go better than others. I just keep telling myself that it's important to teach them to work and someday it will pay off.
The boys had another swim lesson today. Caleb is the biggest fish of them all. He loves the water.
Tonight Blake and I went to a dinner group for our new ward. It actually ended up being mostly people from our old ward that were added along with us to the new ward. They are a great group of people and it is always fun to socialize with them. We just had appetizers and mingled. We took along some chips and 7 layer dip to share.
Sunday
9 a.m. church. This is definitely one of the positives for me being in the new ward...we get another year of 9 a.m. church!
After church when I went to get the turkey ready to put in the oven, I found that the plastic bag it was in had a hole in it and the juices had leaked all over the fridge. Germs everywhere! I do not do well with raw meat.
Blake ended up being a single parent for much of the remaining day as I went to ward choir and a youth fireside in the evening. When I walked in the door after the fireside both Cade and Caleb were once again passed out on the couch. I guess they were missing their hour of sleep they lost due to the time change.
Mind-Blowing
1 week ago
4 comments:
Ugh, I am hating this flu thing... I am hoping my other kids avoid it. Wade is getting tubes in his ears next Monday. YIPPEE!
chore day is TOTALLY the worst day in my house--between me trying to keep my temper and everyone grouching around. I hate it.
At least you go to the dentist, for as nice as Mark is...I totally avoid visiting him!
Sounds like a normal week :c). Hannah used to get sick every Christmas Eve. I thought she had something against Santa Claus :c). Anyway, I found a website that will turn your blog into a book (paperback or hard bound). It's at http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook.
I thought it was a cool idea--a journal with pictures. BTW, I still write in the journal that you gave me for my birthday out at BYU. That'll tell you how often I write :c).
okay--I am waayyy behind on your blog. How did this happen?! So happy to see more posts. I love the week in review/Sunday Summary idea. I stole it from your friend Jessica. I found her blog thru yours & it is so entertaining to read! How fun that you know her in real life. Anyway--love the 'one sided conversation' at the dentist comment--SOOO true!
Post a Comment