3.26.2008

Braces, a Nap and a Tooth


Cameron was lucky enough to get braces on his front four teeth today. By dinner tonight he wasn't so sure he wanted to keep them as his mouth is feeling a little sore and his teeth a little looser than normal.



Cade came home from school not feeling so great. The kids only have half-days this week because of Parent Teacher Conferences. A half-day was enough to wipe him out though. Doesn't look very comfortable to me.
After a good nap and some ibuprofen to help with the fever, he was ready for his next adventure.





Cade lost his first tooth tonight! He was so excited. Look at that smile! He realized it had gotten very loose right before dinner and he kept working on it, even skipping his dinner, until we got it out. He wasn't afraid or nervous about the pain. He was just determined to get it out. I am also proud of myself because it was the first tooth that I have pulled out of a child's mouth. We used the warm washcloth approach that Grandpa Streuling taught us a couple of years ago. They don't even realize that it has come out. It was fun to experience this with him.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Labadie Family said...

Braces.... those are no fun! They are coming to our house this summer too.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

WOW--Cameron is already in braces & Cade losing teeth??!! They are growing up so fast! They sure are handsome boys.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Every time I see your maiden name strueling, I think you are saying Sterling ( I wonder why?) BRACES ALREADY!!..our days are numbered. I am sure I am going to have to get a job in a ortho office to get free or reduced work! Check cade out!