I will be sitting here in my antepartum state WAITING for nothing to happen yet.
So far so good. Right now we don't want anything more to happen. Too much has happened already.
*
*
So for those of you interested in T.M.I.:
*
*
FRIDAY: I started having contractions last Friday afternoon that continued for several hours and after dinner I became suspicious that my water had broken. Around midnight we finally ventured to the hospital to get things checked out. (Thanks again Bethany for coming over to be with the kids). Their test said that all was well (but I still think they were wrong) and by this time the contractions had slowed down.
*
*
SUNDAY: I started bleeding some on Sunday so it was back to the hospital where they said I had started to dialate but at my stage in pregnancy they wouldn't do anything to stop labor and steroids for the baby wouldn't do any good. Basically, go home and rest, get in to see your doctor and don't come back until you are in labor because you are overreacting.
*
*
WEDNESDAY: I went in to see my doctor late Wednesday afternoon. About two seconds into my exam he said, "Congratulations, you just bought yourself a ticket to the hospital." Evidently it was obvious enough to him. Granted it had gotten gradually worse each day, but towards the end of my visit on Sunday I was feeling so frustrated and stupid that I could hardly contain the tears. I knew something wasn't right yet they seemed to think I was just a little anxious about things.
*
*
Now we are taking it a day at a time. My water HAS broken but I'm not going into labor. My doctor keeps saying that he can't believe that I'm still pregnant. I feel like it is because of the blessing I received on Friday night (even though I didn't tell him that). The baby looks great and so we are hoping to make it to the middle or end of next week when I will be almost 36 weeks along. Hopefully that will give the baby enough time so that the complications will be minimal.
*
*
We feel so blessed to have so many wonderful friends who are stepping in and doing so much for us. We can't thank them enough. Hopefully someday we can return the service for someone who needs it.
9 comments:
WOW! That is early! I hope all goes well! That is scary though. You will be in my thoughts and prayers! Can't wait to see baby boy ballif! I can't believe this is your fifth!!! I am CERTAIN I couldn't make it to that stage as much as Kaylin melts my heart!
YIKES!!! It makes me mad that no one took you seriously at the hospital!
Well just think of all the blogs you'll get to read!
Hang in there, you'll be in my prayers.
Wow, good luck with everything. :) I will be thinking of you! Those hospital people need to stop being in such a hurry and think!! lol
{{{BIG HUG}}} You're in my prayers, Kara. I'm so glad that you have a good doctor and that you and the baby are in good hands. Make sure someone brings you a bowl of cereal every night:c) If I were there, I would do that for you.
Hey there. Thanks for the update. Hang in there! You are one of the strongest women I know......after all you basically saved my life after a mean man punched me in a stairwell --first you managed to salvage my name tag and then helped drag me to safety and stopped my bleeding. I wish I was there to take care of the kids. You are in my prayers.Take care of yourself and keep me posted. I love you!
Yikes is right! You're in my prayers too!
Glad you have a good doctor--sounds like things will have a good end here soon!! Hang in there and lots of hugs!!!
This is just one of many reasons why I should live closer to you...so I could be there to help. I too am grateful for all the many wonderful people helping you. I keep praying for all of you.
Hang in there!
KARA!!!! My water always breaks and those stupid PH papers never register that it has (and they HURT when they are checking too). it has happened 2 x's now and the doctors always seemed suprised!!!! You would think they would trust you after having 4!!!
Post a Comment