We were hopeful that Porter would be coming home today but not positive as he needed to gain weight and his bili levels needed to start going down--two things that didn't happen yesterday. So we didn't say anything to the kids and I headed to the hospital while Blake headed to some mandatory work meetings. All Sunday evening I kept telling myself to not get my hopes up. I didn't want to be disappointed if he hadn't gained weight, if his bili levels had gone up or even if he hadn't passed his car seat test. I was really worried about the car seat test after the nurse looked at it and seemed to think it wasn't going to work for him--they have to be monitored in their car seat for 2 hours before they can go home in it.
It was all good news when I got to the hospital this morning and we were home before noon!

Here is the little peanut ready to go home.

Here he is loaded up in the van.

Finally home.

We are so happy to have him home.
4 comments:
Yeah. Congrats. he looks so loved. I am glad to hear all is going well. It is fun to "introduce" all the bigger kids to the new baby. We have a pic of Jameson surrounded by 3 heads just watching him. Priceless. Have fun with your new little Porter. he looks great.
Yeah! Porter is home. Looks like all the siblings are thrilled. How cute is Paige? She's already being a little Mommy to her tiny baby brother. Love the photos. Keep them coming. I wish I was coming with Aunt Krista. We sure had fun together when we first visited you when Cameron was born.
Miss you!
He looks sooooo great and I'm so glad he's home! Congratulations! PS I need to borrow Cameron to watch movies with more often, he laughs out loud at everything and I thoroughly enjoyed his glee!
that seems so weird to me...usually it is the mom being wheeled out in a wheel chair carrying her baby to the car surrounded by family and balloons, and fanfare!!!...Not the postpartum mom going to get the baby by herself--HOWEVER it seems the more sweeter. The things we take for granted!
Post a Comment