Porter with his special shades on working on his "tan".
He continues to eat more and more everyday and as that continues to improve he will be weaned off of his IV. He eats every 3 hours and if I am there for his feeding then I get to nurse him for a few minutes and then try and feed him a bottle. Some feedings go better than others because he is always so sleepy--just a part of being born early.
He is so sweet and so tiny and we are looking forward to being able to bring him home. It is hard to be away from him. Coming home without him was not fun. The kids haven't been able to see him because it is cold season and kids are not allowed in the NICU right now. Paige is especially confused since I went to the hospital but didn't come home with her baby. I know it all could be a lot worse and we are grateful that he is doing well and that it is just a matter of time before he can come home with us. Hopefully it won't be terribly long.
9 comments:
Congrats!! So excited for your new addition. He looks beautiful and I am sure that you will be able to bring him home soon. We will keep him in our prayers and added him to the prayer roll over here. Love you guys and wish we could be there to welcome him home.
He looks a lot littler when you’re holding him, puts him more in proportion. I can't wait to meet him.
OH KARA!!!! Last I read was that you were on bed rest!! The I went down and read the WHOLE saga!!! AAAAH! (I commented on the water breaking) I am so grateful he is here and things are looking up--I cannot imagine coming home without a baby...but I know it happens allot more often then I imagine!! Do they have any idea what contributed to early labor? Have you ever gone early before? Our thought and prayers are with you--we will put your sweet little man's name in the temple today!
A great big giant hug!!!!! I have come without a baby and it is so very hard--but before you know it you will have him home and be longing for a good night's rest once again. Glad to hear that he is eating so well--that really does help the jaundice go away faster.
Congratulations!!!
Hannah was 3 1/2 weeks early and she was jaundiced too (she was 6 lbs. 3 oz.). I remember all too well the sleepy baby that hadn't finished eating yet. It was so frustrating.
You're in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, little Porter will get to come home soon.
So many congratulations, Kara, and hang in there until he's home. (He weighed 5 ounces more than full-term Ian, so I'm sure he's strong and healthy.) I'm really proud of you and your motherhood!
That must be so strange going home without your baby...I hope he gets big and strong real soon so he can finally meet his big brothers and sister! Poor Paige...she needs to see that baby!
Congratulations Kara!! I am so glad he came safely and that all is well. Hopefully he will be home soon, but thank goodness his condition is nothing too serious. I am glad you are home, but hope he can join you soon. Let me know if you need anything.
Porter is a cute little thing. I have something I want to send him but just realized I need your new address :) Email it to me or text it when you have a second. I know you're a busy Mom.
Post a Comment