5.02.2008

Wanted: SLEEP!



Before I begin, let me acknowledge that I know many of you out there arise early to start your day. I have also been known to arise well before 6:00 a.m. to workout...

But, when I wake to the sounds of my children fighting downstairs in the kitchen at 5:40 a.m. over a Sharpie let's just say it makes me a little crazy!

Is it really asking too much when we say that they can't get up until 6:00 a.m.?

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh golly. I am sorry. That is soo not fun! I had Amy watch my kids on Friday and I told her Wade wakes up at 6:30 and Jaxon 7:00-- Jaxon was up at 5:30. WOOPS!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

No--that is NOT asking too much to want them to wait until 6 a.m. I want my kids to wait until 7 a.m.....but of course it rarely happens!

The Schaefer's said...

What's that song by Trace Adkins--"You're Gonna Miss This." I would LOVE to go back to the days when I was begging the kids to stay IN bed. Now, I'm practically dragging Harrison OUT of the bed on school days. Then, there is the conversation that we have every Friday night about how Noon is NOT a decent time to sleep in until on a Saturday. Sorry to sound unsympathetic...I do remember those days. They just don't seem as bad now as I thought they were at the time. And, in 5 years, I'll look back on now and realize it's not the bad either, I guess.

Heidi said...

oh man, the monster in me would have definitely come out. But I am sure sweet Kara handle the situation calmly. Those random days of disturbed sleep defintely throw ya!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I am grateful for this post because I began to wonder IF my children were the only ones who woke up FIGHTING!!! Sometiems I wonder who wakes up first, and then wakes the others up and IF they would all sleep longer--if we seperated every single last one of them into their own rooms (since we have a 10 bedroom home)!

Aimee Winward said...

I can't tell you how many times I've had to tell Zach to go back to bed because it isn't time to wake up. I keep thinking, one day, we probably won't be able to drag them out of bed and we'll have the opposite problem.