When I walked into nursery with her at least 4 kids were close to hysterics. She looked at me like, "What is wrong with everybody?" I began to worry that she was going to get upset just because everybody else was upset. We found her a couple of toys and she started playing. I told Sister Ulrich, the nursery leader, that I thought she should be fine, to which she replied, "She's been in here before and she did great!" With a confused look on my face, I immediately tried to recall when she had been to nursery because I certainly hadn't brought her. I began thinking that Blake must have brought her recently and not told me, but that isn't really like him. Then Mary Burt, holding her crying son, pipes up that she brought Paige in with them when she and her husband watched the kids while we were in Hawaii. She was very apologetic about it, but of course I didn't care at all. I was just relieved that my brain hadn't really stopped working enough for me to forget something like a trip to the nursery! After this exchange of words, I replied, "Okay, great! We'll see you later then." I hope I didn't seem too hasty in my exit that immediately followed. I guess that's what 4 kids has done to me.
Unfortunately Paige woke up Sunday evening from her after church nap with a fever. It made for a long week for me as she wanted to be held whenever she was awake. I did feel bad for her, but sometimes it gets tricky to make lunch and dinner, do the laundry, have a shower, do the dishes, etc. with a toddler who wants to be on your hip all day. This picture was taken midweek when she decided to just lay on the kitchen floor instead. You can tell she wasn't feeling well. Poor thing! We are happy to report that she is feeling much better now and ready to go back to nursery tomorrow!
1 comment:
Nursery--HUGE countdown milestone! Congrats--she looks sooo cute! Wow--she had a fever by Sunday night. Our kids usually had a 1-2 day incubation period when they picked up something in nursery. I hope she feels better soon!
Post a Comment