11.12.2007

There's a First Time for Everything

In honor of our first blog, we thought we would include a few of our "firsts" from the past year (in no particular order of course).





Our family trip to the Oregon Coast.

8.31-9.3.2007

Cameron's baptism

4.15.2007

Cade and Caleb's 1st pie eating contest

7.28.2007

Paige's 1st Birthday!

8.11.2007


Kara's 1/2 Marathon (2:12:?)


(I've never claimed to be fast at the distances,


but at least I get out there and do it.)


The Colbert Autumn Classic
10.6.2007


Taking home the Green Jacket for the 1st time.


(I should clarify that this was not the first time Blake has brought home the croquet championship, just the first time he has won since the jacket was introduced.)


Way to make us proud, Blake!


7.2007


Silverwood Theme Park


Cameron and Cade earned free tickets through


a reading program at school.
8.15.2007




The 1st day of school

9.6.2007

(These weren't really taken on the actual 1st day, but don't tell anyone.)


Consider this the short list, as we truly have experienced more firsts than these this past year. These are, however, the ones for which we have pictures.

6 comments:

Scullerina said...

Woo Hoo - I am proud of you for setting up a blog. I love the first post. Keep the posts coming. I run out of time to touch mine often but really enjoy reading everyone's blogs. Let me know if you want me to put a link on my blog to yours.

Scullerina said...

Can you hear the song my Dad sings "I'm proud of you....I'm proud of you.." I think I've shared it with you in the past. Just know that I am singing this song today because I am so happy you are an official blogger.
Woo Hoo! By the way your kids are growing up! The boys look totally different from when I last saw them!

Jessica said...

It always seems a little more special to get personally invited to someone's blog for the first time.

And SUCH a cute post idea for your first one! (See you in an hour--it's 3pm on Monday!)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

I am sooo happy to have a blog buddy now! Way to go-you even got fancy with security (I should be more careful about it!) Your family is darling-I thought Paige looked different than the boys did, but she reminds me of cade! I LOVE it-wish we lived closer!
Alicia

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Yay!!! That was so fun to read--thanks so much for doing it! Way to go making your blog look so fancy right from the get-go. Your kids are ADORABLE & it is moy impressive that you did a half-marathon! It hurts to even *think* about doing that! Keep the great posts coming!

The Schaefer's said...

Kara you so ROCK on your half-marathon! You finished an hour plus ahead of me, but it's like this quote says, "There will be many days that I know I could never do a half-marathon, but I'll have the rest of my life to remember the day I did." I'm so glad you started this blog and I get to keep in touch with you guys.